Saturday, November 14, 2009

NaNoWriMo Day 13: Novel Love

Wordcount: 30,060
Chapters Completed: one scene short of five
Awesome Content: 100%
Mood of Author: gushing sonnets

Hey everybody! Apologies for not getting around to replying to your comments on the last post. Your sympathies and encouragements were greatly appreciated. :-) And I do have a good excuse for not blogging for the last few days:

I've been writing on that new novel, and am totally rocking it. Today, in fact, I passed the 30k mark! Wahoo!! Which means, wordcount wise, I'm almost at the same point as I was with that other novel (shudder) this time last week. Weird.

At any rate, I'm really digging this novel, though that's not to say I haven't produced some pretty horrific prose over the last five days, 'cause I have, and it's not to say this thing won't need the usual amount of editing, 'cause it will. But I like this novel, nay, I submit that I love it. This thing is making me feel downright giddy!

The whole sans outline thing is working out pretty well. This story has literally been in my head (in one form or another) for ten years, and I feel like all the characters are old friends. And it's just so dang FUN! I mean I've got love triangles (two different ones), blackmail, espionage, secret identities, epic misunderstandings, betrayal, war, escapes, death... pretty much everything awesome, as a matter of fact. :-) And I have six different viewpoint characters, so I'm not stuck with one voice like in that other (shudder) not-novel.

Anyways. It's late. I must away ere break of day to seek the long forgotten gold and so on.

Clearly having too much fun with my novel,
Joanna

4 comments:

Heather Kelly said...

Joanna--that's wonderful--it's been a rollercoaster ride for you. I'm at around 22,000. I lost momentum this week since the flu turned to Pneumonia for one of my kids--but thank goodness for antibiotics. My child's on the mend, and I'm hoping now to make up for the 3 or 4 days that I didn't write.

Danielle Pajak said...

I am so happy to hear that this novel is so amazing! Yay! oh my gosh! It sounds really REALLY good, though. Pretty much epic on every level. And TWO love triangles??? You are crazy. Hehe!

I know what you mean about going back to old friends. That was how my other novels were like. Perhaps I should have finished writing the second half of Mourir a Lamore instead. :/ Oh well.

Blee Bonn said...

Joanna,

Congratulations - 30,000 words, that is so aweswome!

The story sounds very intriguing!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.