Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Yikes, I don't know how it's been so long since the last post! Shameful.

Updates!!
  • Nearly finished with Chapter 12 of The Whale and the Tree, and am nearing the end of the second draft. Just two chapters and an epilogue left to go!! There's a lot of new material in Chapter 13, but with any luck it won't give me too much grief. I am determined to finish this thing by September 30, because heaven knows I need at least a month to sort out my novel idea for NaNoWriMo. Plus, I'm not letting myself buy any NaNo goodies until I get done, and I'm anxious for a spiffy new t-shirt and noveling mug! :-)
  • I've adopted a handful of new students, and am now driving all over the COUNTRY. Henry is performing admirably, of course, and I have lots more time to crank up the tunes, so it's working out fairly well.
  • Speaking of cranking up the tunes, have I mentioned how much I adore The Fratellis' album Here We Stand? 'Cause I do. Their songs are ridiculously catchy, and what with clever lyrics and a sort of classic 60s rock feel coupled with the bleeding through of fabulous Scottish accents, I really don't know how a CD could be any better. :-) These songs go around in my head for days.
  • I have fabulous new purple shoes. Just saying.
  • Watched the movie Wit the other night, starring Emma Thompson, and... holy gut wrenching, Batman! Amazing movie, flawless screenplay, and Emma T. acted her socks off, but yikes, not for the faint of heart. Needless to say, I bawled.
I do believe that's about it for now... More updates as soon as I FINISH the second draft! WOOT!!

Gamwyn

3 comments:

daniel the smith said...

I wrote 1,000 words in my book last night.

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

That's awesome! Is it... DONE yet? I still need an ending. :-)

daniel the smith said...

not done, but I'm in (basically) the last scene...