Friday, May 15, 2015

The Life and Times

Hey all! Happy Friday! TGIF, am I right? :-)

I have just a brief update post from me today:

First and foremost, I've been an agented author for a little over a month now, which still majorly blows my mind! After much brainstorming and wool-gathering and idea-collecting, I have officially embarked upon a new draft of The Whale and the Tree for my agent*. I'm super excited about it! Been working for a little over a week now and I haven't quite found my groove yet, but I think I'm nearly there. I super can't wait for the shiny new version to exist in reality instead of just my head!!

I have an awesome real-life Pinterest board at my disposal, and have begun rewarding myself with stickers as I accomplish stuff. Bertie has been offering his own ideas for the new draft, which has of course been super helpful.

My writing space and sweet cork-board—slowly filling it up!

Bertie's chapter. :-)

Stickers make everything better!!

Last night I had the immense privilege of attending the Fierce Reads Spring Fling tour at Changing Hands bookstore, and got to meet the lovely Marie Rutkoski!!! There were crazy hats involved—it was kind of the best. I even managed to speak some semi-coherent sentences in actual English. A definite success. :-) It was amazing to hear the entire panel speak about writing and characters and how awful middles are (it's not just me!!) and ohhhhh writers are definitely My People. Whole-heartedly enjoyed it!

Being FIERCE!

Anyhoo, that's what's new with me! I mentioned this in my last post, but if any self/indie-pubbed or querying authors would like to take part in my interview series, please feel free to contact me via Twitter or email, and I'll send you the questions.

___________________
* I feel like one of those girls who gets married really young and makes it her life goal to insert the phrase "my husband" into every conversation at least ten times.

4 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

Looks like that was a fun event! And what creepy octopus fingers... Wishing you good vibes for this newest version of your book!

Virginia said...

Haha! Everything about this post was awesome. And you should definitely take every available opportunity to say "my agent." ;-)

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

It was super fun!! And thanks so much, Leandra!

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

I think I shall!! :)