Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Favorite Reads of 2009

There's been lots of "Favorite Books of 2009" lists floating out there in the blog-o-sphere lately, so here's my humble offering, in no particular order:
  1. The Bartimaeus Trilogy, by Jonathan Stroud
  2. Hunger Games and Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins
  3. Fire and Hemlock, by Diana Wynne Jones
  4. Curse Dark as Gold, by Elizabeth C. Bunce
  5. The Claidi Journals, by Tanith Lee
  6. The Winter Prince, by Elizabeth E. Wein
What were your favorites?

5 comments:

J.A. Palermo said...

Hunger Games and Catching Fire
What I Saw and How I Lied
Neil Armstrong Is My Uncle and Other Lies Muscle Man McGinty Told Me
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Going Bovine
When You Reach Me

Danielle Pajak said...

That is a good list!

As for me, I can't remember all the books I have read last year, but from what I *do* remember my favorites are listed as follows:

The Italian by Ann Radcliffe
The Farthest Shore by Ursula LeGuin
The Gospel According to Peanuts by Robert Short
Mimosa by Amy Carmichael
The Samurai by Shusaku Endo

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Those are some good lists!!

Tabitha said...

Great list! I really liked the Bartimaeus trilogy, too.

Here's my list:
Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
The Miles Between by Mary Pearson
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
Shift by Jennifer Bradbury
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Looks like my to-be-read pile is gonna have to increase! :-)

Tabitha, so glad you enjoyed the Bartimaeus trilogy, too! I really don't know how I missed it back when it was first published!