Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stats

Happy Tuesday, world!

In lieu of more interesting things, I give you

Querying Stats Thus Far:

  • Number of Queries Submitted: 21
  • Number of Rejections: 13
  • Number of Fulls Requested: 2
  • Number of Partials Requested: 1
  • Currently Outstanding: 6 queries, 1 partial, and 1 full

Not exactly sure what any of this means (I certainly never claimed to be good at math), :-) but I feel like I have a decent enough percentage of requests-versus-submissions to give me some iota of hope regarding eventual agent acquisition. Plus, I haven't run out of agents to query yet, which is good.

Got the partial request yesterday morning and was quite happy about it, because 1) The query was 6 weeks old and I'd almost written it off, and 2) The submission included the synopsis, which I don't feel that great about, but the agent requested a partial anyway so I guess it doesn't suck quite as much as I feared. Anyways, huge YAY on that score!

No word on last week's full request as of yet, but I wasn't really expecting one, as the agent who requested it said she was way behind on reading manuscripts.

So we'll see.

*is trying not to be irrepressibly hopeful but failing*

In other news, the revision see-saw has definitely tilted towards The Rose Queen; almost finished with a re-read, and am rather optimistic that it can (and will! and must!) be fixed.

Didn't do any editing yesterday, mostly because I was wrapped up in re-reading The King of Attolia and squeeing at all the awesome parts (which, to be honest, are pretty much on every page) like I hadn't already read it three times. Oh man. SO much love for that series!! (I know, I know; you're probably all sick of me mentioning these books in like every single post, but seriously, they really are THAT awesome. Not even kidding you.)

Also, I'm going to Kansas next week, which will probably mean no Tuesday post, unless I'm really awesome and write one beforehand and figure out how to make Blogger post it for me in the future. Hmm. I'll have to work on that.

Over and out!

4 comments:

daniel the smith said...

Kansas? Humph. When are you going to visit us in IL? ;)

Mame said...

I submitted a partial last week and have an 8 week time frame. It's murder. Just keep trudging ahead!

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Dan, if you lived in Kansas I *would* be coming to visit you! ;-)

Thanks, Aimee! I'm trying to prepare myself for a nice long wait... Good luck with yours!

elafay said...

Yay for The Rose Queen!!!! Also... I am VERY excited for you that you are doing so well with the agents! I will keep on praying :-). Oh, and I'm not sure why you're off to Kansas, but I think it would be well worth it to go just so you can come back and legitimately say that you are, in fact, NOT in Kansas anymore :-)