Monday, December 22, 2014

Auld Lang Syne

Well you guys, somehow another year has just about passed us by! Time to see how I did on my To-Do list for 2014:

  • I'm turning 30 in twenty-five days. That sounds really old. 0_o (Obviously this isn't a goal, just an inevitable event.)
  • Whale and the Tree revision. Hoping to be finished circa April, although this draft will need at least another pass after that. Really proud of my changes so far! I think it's already a much stronger manuscript.
  • Another novel. Possibly another revision, possibly a reworking of last year's short story idea, possibly something completely new. We'll see!
  • I have a ton of books I want to read, including but not limited to: The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Sorrow's Knot, The Bitter Kingdom, Shadow and Bone, The Fault in Our Stars, Unthinkable, The Name of the Wind, The Night Circus, Reflections (Diana Wynne Jones on writing), and whatever else has yet to tickle my fancy! (Book suggestions always welcome!)

Okay, so this is what I accomplished:

  • I turned 30. It was kind of traumatizing, but made better by my awesome husband taking me up in a hot air balloon and a delish Paradise Bakery cookie cake. :-)
  • I ROCKED that Whale and the Tree revision like nobody's business, though I didn't actually finish until August. Props to my awesome critique partner Jen Fulmer for giving me the push and inspiration to finish!
  • I revised a different book in March/April (Seer's Song).
  • I wrote another novel (that makes Novel No. 7!)! Yahoooooooo!! I finished the first draft of Echo North a little over a week ago (which, incidentally, was a reworking of the aforementioned short story.)
  • I read tons of books, though missed a few on my list (most notably The Ocean at the End of the Lane, The Bitter Kingdom, and The Night Circus. Maybe next year!!)
Stay tuned for a 2015 To-Do List!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

No comments: