Tuesday, September 30, 2014

When September Ends

Well yikes, last day of September and I haven't posted in a while!

Things are pretty slow on the writing front, I fear. Kind of dragging my feet finishing up that sequel, most likely because I really don't know what happens at the end and I'm at the point where I kind of NEED to know so I can write it! Ack. This, friends, Romans, countrymen, is why I'm such an advocate for outlines…

I'm also angsting about what to write for NaNoWriMo. I'd pretty much settled on the vaguely Russian fairytale-mashup, but now I'm kind of pondering this other idea and I just don't KNOW which to do. HALLLP.

We're also moving down the street coming up in a couple of weeks, and I've been packing up the office (and the books. oh so many books) and it's just going to get seriously chaotic before it settles down again. I'm sure I'll feel much better when we're all settled into our new place—just got to survive the actual moving!

Also—and I want to do an actual review sometime soon—last week I finished the PHENOMENAL book The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski, and you guys I seriously loved it SO MUCH. It hit me right in the Queen's Thief series feels and I kinda felt like it was written just for me, and there's two more books in the series but they're not out yet, and the second one doesn't get published until MARCH, and I just want it right now because SERIOUSLY IT WAS SO AMAZING.

Anyway. Quite possibly my favorite read of 2014!

Hope you all have a fantastic last day of September!

5 comments:

Lady E. said...

Good luck on your and Aaron's move! Glad it won't require driving super far or anything, hehe! Is it a bigger apartment?
Btw, I just noticed on the side of your blog that you are reading Sabriel. That's one of my favorite YA fiction series! Some parts are a little under-developed about it, but overall I still enjoy reading it. Love the characters! <3

Leandra Wallace said...

I love finding new reads that I fall in love with! And good luck w/the move, I hate having to do that. *blech*

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Erika, yes a bigger place! Should be great. :-) And yes I read the Abhorsen series a number of years ago and decided it was time for a re-read, as I've largely forgotten what happened. Also, a fourth book, Clariel, is being published soonish and I wanted to be prepared for that. :-)

Leandra, yes new awesome reads are the bestest. And thanks for the luck! I'll feel much better when the move is complete instead of in-progress!

Virginia said...

Good luck with the move! And with choosing the next NaNo project. This is the first time in eight years of NaNo that I've known what I would work on MONTHS in advance. Usually I'm down to the few weeks before... sometimes the day of. :-)

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Thanks, Virginia! We're about halfway packed up already. Now to pin down a piano mover and get the ball rolling!

And I think I've decided to go with my original plan for NaNo. Got some good outlining done on it yesterday! Good luck with your novel!!