Monday, December 30, 2013

2013: The Year in Review!

Well, 2013 is just about over, and I thought I'd report on my goals for the year! Here's my list from January:

  • Finish rewriting/editing Seer. It's so close!!
  • Write something new.
  • Blog more.
  • Pay off my credit card.
  • Learn how to cook lots of delicious food!
  • Read good books!

 And here's my end-of-the-year-accomplishments-list:

  • I finished rewriting Seer!! 
  • I wrote parts of something new, and might turn it into a novel when I finish my current rewrite.
  • Speaking of my current rewrite (though I didn't list it as a goal on my blog), I'm nearly halfway through an epic re-haul of The Whale and the Tree, and I'm excited about it!!
  • Also not on the list, but I participated in NaNoWriMo this year and wrote 50K more for The Blind King. It's not done yet, but it's closer!
  • I blogged more, yay!
  • I paid off my credit card! Now working on my student loan and my husband's credit card—we will be debt free eventually!
  • I learned how to cook a few things, so that's good. :-)
  • I read some awesome new books and reread some old favorites.

So, all-in-all, not too shabby! Happy New Year, everyone! :-)

3 comments:

Lady E. said...

Joanna, congrats on paying off your card! That must feel great! :)
You are so devoted to your writing. That is so awesome! I really hope I am better about writing this new year, haha!

Jade said...

You accomplished so much in 2013!!! Blessings. xx Happy New Year!

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Thank you, Jade, you as well!!