Friday, September 20, 2013

Dear Novel, I Still Like You

To paraphrase Shakespeare, the outline's the thing!

Yeah, I'm outlining the remainder of Part One of my huge rewrite, and it's a VERY EXCELLENT IDEA. I went into this thinking "I'll just start over and see what happens" and that might not've been the BEST decision ever. I'm at the point where I need to marry my new material to my old material. I realized I CAN still use some of the scenes I've already written, and that I'm trying to make THIS story better, not write a completely different one. So that was an encouraging realization!

I've only been working on this outline for a couple days, and I almost have it sorted enough to start writing/revising again. I'm excited! I can do this!

I STILL LIKE THIS NOVEL!!!!!!

3 comments:

Leandra Wallace said...

Yay for still liking it! It can stink if you're slogging through something that no longer sparks your wires, you know? =)

Leandra Wallace said...

Also I nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you choose to accept, all the details can be found on my blog. =)
http://leandrajwallace.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award-nomination.html

Joanna Ruth Meyer said...

Yes indeed, Leandra! Hopefully this will be the spark to get me through this revision!!

And thanks so much for the nomination!!